Monday, March 31, 2014

Pense Dele (Think of Him)

Oi famiília!

Well, this week was actually pretty good.  To say we taught buckloads of lessons would be eroneous, but we had one that was super good and I think tonight we´ll be marking a couple (FAMILY!!!!) with a baptismal date.

This letter may have a little different tone than my other letters have had in the past, but I feel very strongly this is the message for the week.  Love you all.

I would like to testify that Jesus Christ lives.  Life as a missionary isn´t easy, though I doubt any of you are surprised by that. As I walked around in the heat and humidity of Fortaleza, it became abundantly clear to me just what it means to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  It was never easy for Him, and it will never be easy for me.  But, at the same time, I learned a lot about the strengthening power of the Atonement.  To put it simply, He KNOWS exactly what you are going through.  Don´t hesitate to ask for His help.

In general in life we face difficulties.  As members of the only true church of Jesus Christ we face even more on a daily basis. It´s extremely diffucult at times to bear the burderns placed upon us but we can learn that Jesus Christ is litterally right next to us every single minute if we look for Him.  A favorite scripture of mine is found in 1 Nephi 14:14 that talks about this very thing.  It talks about how the Saints of the Lord will be scatered about the earth and that we will be few in number.  But it promises that we will "be armed with righteousness and the power of God in great glory."  Think about that.  How legit is it that we will be "armed with righteousness"?  But to be armed with righteousness we need to do righteous things.  This may contradict our political or social views, but when we truly search to be "armed with righteousness" miracles happen.  And this is where Christ comes in.  Every single one of us has to make the decision at one point or another to stick with Christ or not.  Sure, at times what we´re asked to do may not be the world´s most popular thing, but Christ wasn´t exactly popular when He was on earth.  But, we have the promise of Christ that if we come unto him, he will help us with everything that we´re facing, however difficult it may be (1 Nephi 14:1, Ether 12:27, Mathew 11:28-30).  I have felt the strengthening power of the Atonement in my own life, especially this past week.  I have seen the enabeling power of the Atonement make miraculous changes in peoples lives.  I KNOW THAT HE LIVES!!!  More than this, He will help us with whatever problem we may be facing whether it be a difficult decision, a bad habit, an erant choice, or just a bad day, He will always be there to strengthen us.

Think of this as we prepare this week for General Conference.  We will hear directly from the mouth of Apostles of the Lamb what He wants us to do.  We will have the oportunity to hear from prophets of God, hand selected by Him personally.  Without doubt, they will say something that we need to improve upon that may be hard to hear.  But, I testify will all the conviction of my soul that these men are inspired of God and know what will protect us in these trying times.  When the Bretheren say something difficult I urge you to look to Jesus Christ, becasue He will be the one to bind up our wounds and help us to become better than ever before.  We can be a very spiritually strong people, but we can never forget to trust in Him. 

I know He lives.  He speaks.  He is there.

Até o próximo      

Élder Evans


P.S.  The photo included is of Élder Soares, my old Zone Leader.  He finished his mission in February, but had a grand impact on my time as a missionary.  This is who sent you a letter this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment